What used to be simply the Diamond Peak Uphill/Downhill Dash is being expanded into a full weekend of fun! Race to the top of the mountain using whatever human-powered method you prefer: skins, snowshoes, running shoes, etc. Then ski, snowboard, snowshoe, or run back down to the finish line. For those of a less competitive nature, a recreational course will be available. Prizes will be awarded for both categories. The weekend will also include backcountry workshops, avalanche education, and more.
The event is being co-hosted by the Sierra Avalanche Center with certain activities having a suggested donation to the Center in order to incorporate a fundraising aspect. The focus will be on fun, skiing, family and enjoying the great outdoors via human-powered sports.
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 30th, 2018
- Human Powered Snow Sport Movie Premier & Après Ski Registration Party presented by Patagonia Reno - 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday, March 31st 2018
- On Snow Gear Demos presented by Tahoe Mountain Sports - 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Guided Interpretive Ski/Snowboard tour presented by IVGID WasteNot - 11:00 am- 12:00pm
- SkiMo Race (Long or Short Course) - 4:30pm
- Award Ceremony & Après Ski Party at Diamond Peak Loft Bar with Maggie's Farm Band, presented by Crystal Bay Club Casino – 4:30pm – 7:00pm
- Official After Party at Crystal Bay Club, Tainted Love - 9pm
Sunday, April 1st 2018
- Easter Egg Hunt - 9:00am
- March of the Penguins Children’s Ski Boot Race (Ages 12 and under), presented by Diamond Peak's Child Ski Center - 1:00pm
- Family-Friendly Base Area Relay Races - 3:00 - 4:00pm Loft Bar deck
SkiMo Race Descriptions & Categories:
Competitors encouraged to race in costume, racers in costume will receive a time bonus.
Long Course = 2.6 Miles (1.3 Miles Uphill)
Short Course = 1 Mile (.4 Miles Uphill)
- Elite Male & Female Division - competitive/elite category (no time bonuses)
- Adult Male & Female Division - Ages 18+
- Youth Male & Female Division - Ages Under 17
- Team SkiMo Division - 4 person teams in costume. Participants can do different courses and/or categories.
Pre-register online via the Liftopia Cloudstore to receive the early registration discount. Prices will increase for day of registrations.
Big thanks to all our partners and sponsors on this event including: Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa & Casino, Tahoe Mountain Sports, Patagonia Reno Outlet, Crystal Bay Club Casino, Village Ski Loft, Black Diamond, Mountain Khakis, TravelNevada, Sierra Nevada College, ORTOVOX, Dynafit, Liftopia, Weston Snowboards, Drink Coffee Do Stuff and G3 Genuine Guide Gear. This festival benefits Sierra Avalanche Center.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in sponsoring this event for 2019.
Schedule and details subject to change.