2nd Annual Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival: March 30-31, 2019
What used to be simply the Diamond Peak Uphill/Downhill Dash has been expanded into a full weekend of fun and renamed the Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival! On Saturday, race to the top of the mountain using whatever human-powered method you prefer: skins, snowshoes, running shoes, etc. Then ski, snowboard, snowshoe, or run back down to the finish line. For those of a less competitive nature, a recreational course will be available. Winners are awarded for both categories. The weekend will also include fun activities in the base area including ski boot races, live music, fun relays, and more! Costumes are strongly encouraged.
Schedule and details coming soon. Save the date and invite your friends on Facebook: Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill 2019 Event
The event is being co-hosted by the Sierra Avalanche Center with certain activities having a suggested donation to the Center in order to incorporate a fundraising aspect. The focus will be on fun, skiing, family and enjoying the great outdoors via human-powered sports.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 30st, 2019
- On Snow Gear Demos presented by Tahoe Mountain Sports - 10:00am – 3:00pm (Base Lodge "Beach" by the trail map)
- SkiMo Race (Long or Short Course) - 4:30pm
- Award Ceremony & Après Ski Party at Diamond Peak Loft Bar with The Drivers, presented by Crystal Bay Club Casino – 4:30pm – 7:00pm
- Official After Party at Crystal Bay Club, Tainted Love - 9pm
Sunday, March 31st, 2019
- Winter Wildlife Snowshoe Trek, presented by Tahoe Institute for Natural Science - 7:30am (Meet on Base Lodge Deck for a 1 mile hike), 8:30am info session and coffee (Fireside Room)
- March of the Penguins Children’s Ski Boot Race (Ages 12 and under), presented by Diamond Peak's Child Ski Center - 1:00pm (Base Lodge "Beach" by the trail map)
- Family-Friendly Base Area Relay Races - 2:30pm Base Lodge deck
SkiMo Race Descriptions & Categories:
Competitors encouraged to race in costume, racers in costume will receive a time bonus.
Long Course = 2.6 Miles (1.3 Miles Uphill) or 4.6 Miles (Elite / Double Lap, no time bonues)
Short Course = 1 Mile (.4 Miles Uphill)
|Pre-Registration (3/17-3/30)||Day Of Event (3/31)|
|Combined (Men's + Women's) Long Course||$20||$25||$30|
|Combined (Men's + Women's) Short Course||$20||$25||$30|
|Youth 15 & Under Short Course||$10||$15||$20|
Pre-register for the Luggi-Foeger Uphill/Downhill race online today!
Once you have pre-registered you will receive a link to pay your event fees online or you can pay at the resort, starting February 21st.
We need your help to make this event a big success. Maybe you don't want to hike a mountain but you could volunteer to take photos or help with registration and prizes. Volunteers will receive a lift ticket for Sunday and the satisfaction of helping their local, community-owned resort. Sign up online by March 15:
Congrats to all the winners from the 2018 SkiMo race:
View all results online: http://bit.ly/LuggiSkiMo2018
Thanks to our volunteers and Jen Schmidt Photography who took some of these photos and helped capture the soul of this fun event. View photos on Facebook: http://bit.ly/luggifestphotos2018