What used to be simply the Diamond Peak Uphill/Downhill Dash is being expanded into a full weekend of fun! Race to the top of the mountain using whatever human-powered method you prefer: skins, snowshoes, running shoes, etc. Then ski, snowboard, snowshoe, or run back down to the finish line. For those of a less competitive nature, a recreational course will be available. Prizes will be awarded for both categories. The weekend will also include backcountry workshops, avalanche education, and more.
The event is being co-hosted by the Sierra Avalanche Center with certain activities having a suggested donation to the Center in order to incorporate a fundraising aspect. The focus will be on fun, skiing, family and enjoying the great outdoors via human-powered sports.
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 30th, 2018
- Human Powered Snow Sport Movie Premier & Après Ski Registration Party - 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Fashion Show from Clothing Sponsors
- Snow Safety Seminar by Sierra Avalanche Center (Know Before You Go)
Saturday, March 31st 2018
- On Snow Gear Demos - 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Guided Interpretive Ski/Snowboard tour - 11:00 am- 12:00pm
- SkiMo Race (Long or Short Course) - 4:30pm
- Après Ski Party @ Diamond Peak Loft Bar with Maggie's Farm Band – 4:30pm – 7:00pm
Sunday, April 1st 2018
- Easter Egg Hunt - 9:00am
- Family-Friendly Base Area Relay Race
- March of the Penguins Children’s Ski Boot Race, Ages 12 and under.
SkiMo Race Descriptions & Categories:
Competitors encouraged to race in costume, racers in costume will receive a time bonus.
Long Course = 2.6 Miles (1.3 Miles Uphill)
Short Course = 1 Mile (.4 Miles Uphill)
- Open Male & Female Division - competitive/elite category
- Adult Male & Female Division - Ages 18+
- Youth Male & Female Division - Ages Under 17
- Team SkiMo Division - 4 person teams in costume. Participants can do different courses and/or categories.
Online pre-registration coming soon. If you're interested in registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can email you when registration opens.
Email email@example.com if you're interested in sponsoring this event.
Schedule and details subject to change.