4th Annual Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival & SkiMo Race: March 25-26, 2023
The Lake Tahoe Basin’s premier SkiMo competition and an incredibly family-friendly event. Competitors race to the top of the mountain using whatever human-powered method you prefer – skins, snowshoes, running shoes, etc. – then ski, snowboard, snowshoe, or run back down to the finish line. For those of a less competitive nature, a recreational course to mid-mountain is available. The event will also include fun activities in the base area including ski boot races, live music, an awards ceremony, and more! Then, the fun continues with a winter-wildlife snowshoe hike Sunday morning.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor or get involved.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 25, 2023
- On Snow Uphill Gear Demos presented by Tahoe Mountain Sports – 10:00am – 3:00pm (Base Lodge “Beach” by the trail map)
- Race bib pick up and registration – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (Base Lodge Deck)
- Uphill/Downhill Race – 4:30pm (registration coming mid-February)
- Award Ceremony – 6:30pm approximately (Base Lodge Deck)
Sunday, March 26, 2023
- Winter Wildlife Snowshoe Hike, presented by Tahoe Institute for Natural Science – 7:30am (Meet on Base Lodge Deck for a 1 mile hike followed by a presentation in the base area), register online
- Annual Ski & Snowboard Spring Demo Day presented by Village Ski Loft – 9:00am – 3:00pm (Between Lakeview and Schoolhouse)
Race Descriptions & Categories:
- Elite Luggi = 4.6 Miles (double lap) – Men’s & Women’s Divisions
- Big Luggi = 2.6 Miles (single lap – 1.3 miles uphill to the top) – Men’s, Women’s, Men’s Masters (ages 50+), Women’s Masters (ages 50+), Youth (ages 15 & under) and Beer Luggi Divisions
- Lil’ Luggi = 1.2 Miles (short course – .8 miles uphill to top of Wiggle) – Adult (16 & up), Youth (ages 11-15) and Child (ages 10 & under) Divisions
- Beer Luggi = Non-competitive – choose either the Big or Lil’ Luggi course and have fun. No prizes will be awarded, but your registration includes a 16oz. Alibi beer and souvenir pint glass. Cheers!
Register in advance to save! Register online at ShopDP.Yourtahoeplace.com.
|Early Bird (through March 12)||Pre-Registration (March 13-24)||Day of Event|
|Beer Luggi (21+)||$35||$45||$59|
Prizes & Awards
First place winners in each competitive division will receive prizes and top finishers will receive awards and bragging rights. All racers will be entered into a raffle for DP swag and prizes from our sponsors and partners. Participants are encouraged to race in costume and prizes will be awarded for best costumes. Beer Luggi participants are only eligible for the raffle and costume awards. Awards are designed by local artists at Tahoe Burl Theory.
We need volunteer Course Marshalls, Photographers, and Time Keepers to help make the Luggi run smoothly. If you’re interested in helping out on race day, we’ll give you a complimentary lift ticket for the day of (or the next day) and all the supplies you need. Please fill out this form to volunteer.
Race results and photos are posted on the Luggi Foeger Race Results news post.