Diamond Peak is Tahoe’s best ski resort for families, with free tickets for kids age 6 and under, interchangeable parent tickets, slope-side parking lots just steps from the lifts, lesson options for kids 3+, miles of groomed slopes, beginner terrain park features, and Lake Tahoe's most breathtaking view for the whole family to enjoy. We invite you to explore the many ways Diamond Peak is a great resort for your family below.
Family-friendly lift ticket prices
Families save big at Diamond Peak compared to other resorts, just do the math...Plus kids 6 and under ski free! We are the only Lake Tahoe resort to offer 6 year olds free lift tickets. Less money, more fun, and great family memories on the slopes.
Interchangeable Parent Tickets
Diamond Peak offers an interchangeable parent lift ticket for the same price as our standard adult lift ticket rates. We make it easy to switch off who is out on the slopes and who is relaxing on the Base Lodge deck with the future skiers/snowboarders. Just ask at the ticket windows for an interchangeable parent ticket when you pick up your tickets and you'll be set to go.
Ski & Snowboard Lessons for ages 3+
The Child Ski Center (ages 3-6) provides a safe and fun learning environment for kids ages 3-6 of all abilities. With a separate learning area, private "magic carpet" Pete's Powerline surface lift and low child-to-instructor ratio of 6:1 max, your children are sure to receive the attention they deserve in an uncrowded and fun environment. Group, private, and semi-private lessons are available for children 4-6 years old. 3-year-olds are accepted in private lessons only. Visit the Child Ski Center page for more information.
Our Ski & Snowboard Lessons (ages 7+) feature professional instructors, low student-to-instructor ratios, gentle slopes, and a friendly environment which provides an ideal place to learn how to ski or snowboard. We offer a variety of programs, packages and clinics for beginners, intermediate, and advanced skiers and riders. Visit the Ski & Ride Center page for more information.
Other reasons families love Diamond Peak
- Terrain for all abilities: Diamond Peak features the perfect progression from the bunny slopes to the black diamonds, with a private surface lift and learning area for kids enrolled in our Child Ski Center programs, the beginner-friendly School House chairlift serving the beginner-only School Yard run, and options to gradually increase your slope and speed as you feel comfortable. Take a look at the trail progression list on our trail maps for ideas on which runs to ski/ride next based on your comfort level with runs you've already tried.
- The family meetup funnel: You never have to worry that your kids will get lost by skiing/snowboarding off in a different direction at Diamond Peak. All of our runs eventually lead back to the Base Area, meaning it's easy to all meet up at the bottom, even if each person in the group wants to ski/ride a different ability run. Take a look at the trail map below (click on it to expand).
- Beginner terrain parks: Diamond Peak's terrain park features are designed to help your little ripper progress from tiny features that are at ground level to intermediate/advanced park features that will have them experiencing the thrill of catching air with Lake Tahoe in the background. Start at the Jump Start Zone mini-park to and then progress over to the full Village Terrain Park on Wiggle, Dusty's and Village trails.
- School House beginner chairlift: Our School House beginner chair services the School Yard beginner run, which has served as the training ground of thousands of skiers and riders over the years, from weekend warriors to current World Cup athletes. The lift towers on this chair have been cut down in size so that riders are never higher than 15 feet off the ground at any time, meaning it's a less intimidating first chairlift ride for those new to snowsports. And it runs nice and slow, with mellow loading and unloading ramps.
- Convenient slope-side parking: Diamond Peak has slope-side parking lots adjacent to the Base Lodge and the School Yard bunny slope, meaning you won't have to schlep all of your family's gear too far to get to the snow. On busy weekends and peak periods, we offer convenient trams and shuttle busses from our parking lots a little further down the hill.
Click map image to expand.