Diamond Peak's 2020-21 Opening Day is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 10, 2020, conditions permitting. Please stay tuned for updates as we get closer to winter.
What to expect this season
Updated Oct. 5, 2020
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has introduced a lot of uncertainty, but we want to assure all of our loyal guests that we are making plans to open the ski resort this winter. We hope to operate as close to normal as possible, with several new protocols and safety measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our guests and community. Continue reading for vital pre-arrival information and what to expect at the resort this winter. Please check back often as the information on this page may change daily as conditions and restrictions are updated.
- Enhanced Safety Protocols
- Preparing for your day on the slopes
- Arriving at the Resort
- Lift Tickets & Will Call
- On-Mountain Dining & Base Lodge Access
- Season Pass Holder Information
- Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Equipment Rentals
- Chairlift Rules & Regulations
- Lockers & Seasonal Locker Room
Do you have more questions? If you have further questions that aren't answered below, email is the best way to get answers during the pre-season. Please email your questions to: email@example.com
Diamond Peak will follow all state and local health and safety regulations this winter and will implement the following protocols to ensure the safety of our guests:
- Face coverings are required for all staff and guests throughout our operations.
- Modified operations are in place to allow for physical distancing throughout the resort.
- Employees will undergo a pre-work health screening and will be required to stay at home should they present any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness.
- Guests will be asked to stay home should they present any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness.
- Diamond Peak is implementing cashless transactions throughout our resort operations including parking, ticketing and food & beverage outlets.
Diamond Peak is excited to welcome you to our mountain playground. Get prepared for a day on the slopes by...
- Bringing the right clothing;
- Checking the Snow/Conditions Report (better yet, subscribe to our email updates and stay up to date);
- Know your route, then check traffic and road conditions;
- Make sure you carry chains or have a four-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive vehicle with snow tires (more info.);
- Give yourself extra time (especially if you have a lesson booked with us);
- Get ready to have fun!
Purchase online or by phone: This winter, to minimize in-person contact and promote touchless transactions, Diamond Peak will require all lift tickets, equipment rentals, lessons and season passes to be purchased online through our ecommerce store or via our call center. Day-of (online) sales will be possible when inventory is available; however, to ensure you can purchase lift tickets, rentals or lessons, we strongly advise you to purchase in advance. We cannot guarantee product availability without advance purchase.
Diamond Peak is proud to offer some of the most convenient slope-side parking anywhere in the Tahoe region. This season we will be limiting the total volume of guests at the resort to ensure we can meet our physical distancing best practices, which may affect parking availability.
- Premium slope-side parking will be offered on most weekend and peak dates.
- Please follow all instructions of Parking staff.
- Please check our Conditions Page on the website for updates on parking capacity.
- Shuttle busses and Trams will be operating at reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing. Please follow all instructions of Shuttle/Tram Drivers.
- Trams will only stop at designated Tram Stop locations this winter. Please make your way to a marked Tram Stop and wait in line to board the Tram.
Diamond Peak's operational plan includes capping our daily skier visits to ensure we are able to offer our guests a safe and enjoyable experience on the mountains. We anticipate this limit will only come into effect on our busiest peak and weekend dates throughout the winter.
- All daily and multi-day lift tickets must be purchased online for all dates.
- Given the chance of capacity restrictions, all customers are highly encouraged to pre-purchase tickets in advance. We cannot guarantee day-of availability of lift tickets.
- Pick up for lift tickets and other products ordered online will be at the Will Call windows located in the Plaza area. No walk-up ticket sales will be allowed at the Will Call windows.
Diamond Peak is looking to expand operations of our food & beverage services to allow more outlets for our customers to get something to eat or drink this winter. We expect our restaurants will be open with new restrictions in place including:
- Reservations will be required for tables in the Base Lodge, Loft Bar and on the Loft Bar Deck from open to close, with a maximum group size of 6 guests.
- Outdoor tables on the Base Lodge Sun Deck and Snowflake Lodge Sun Deck will be first-come first-serve, with a maximum group size of 6 guests.
- There will be no indoor seating available at Snowflake Lodge.
- We will be managing capacity at the entrances/exits of our indoor dining facilities.
- Tables will be spaced out per Washoe County social distancing requirements.
- Face coverings will be required except while eating and drinking.
- We will offer an expanded selection of grab-and-go items.
- Packaged beer and wine will be available at multiple locations around the lodges, with full bar service available if permitted.
- All transactions will be cashless. We encourage season pass holders to load PassCash onto their childrens' season pass accounts to facilitate food & beverage purchases. (To load PassCash, login to our online store, click "My Account" then click "Stored Value" in the left-hand navigation and follow the prompts.)
Season pass holders are at the core of the Diamond Peak family and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort this winter. We hope to offer our pass holders as close to a "normal" experience as possible given the new restrictions and protocols in place including:
- At this time we don't anticipate creating a reservation system/requirement for season pass holders. (We reserve the right to implement such a requirement at a later date if it becomes necessary to manage guest volume at the resort.)
- Diamond Peak's easy refund policy, the Peak Pledge, remains in effect.
- Bonus lift tickets at Diamond Peak's partner resorts may include additional restrictions, blackout dates, or reservation requirements. Please call each partner resort to verify requirements before making plans.
- Season pass sales cap: Diamond Peak will be limiting the number of season passes available to members of the public this season. Once we reach this limit, season passes will no longer be available for purchase. (We will not limit pass sales for IVGID Picture Pass holders.)
- Season passes must be purchased via our online store. If you require assistance in purchasing your pass online, please call 775-832-1177 for phone support.
Our professional ski and snowboard instructors are looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the slopes this winter. While some decisions have been made, stay tuned for more information about lessons and lesson programs as we get closer to ski season.
- Face coverings will be required for the duration of all lessons.
- Small-group lessons in our Child Ski Center will be available for kids ages 4-6 who are skiing in our magic carpet learning area. One parent must remain present during the lesson in case your child needs a break or to use the restroom.
- Kids ages 4-6 who have progressed beyond our magic carpet learning area will need to be enrolled in our Slide With Me parent & child private lessons.
- Small-group lessons (maximum 5-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio) will be available in the Ski & Ride Center through our Sierra Scouts program (ages 7-12) and Adult Lesson program (ages 13+).
- Private lessons will also be available for ages 7+ with a maximum of 5 people of similar ability per lesson.
- Multi-Week Programs:
- Ages 4-6 (Child Ski Center) - At this time we will not be offering any of our Multi-Week programs this season.
- Ages 7-12 - At this time we will not be offering our weekend Multi-Week programs this season.
Diamond Peak's Rental Shop will be open this winter.
- We will have procedures in place to limit the number of guests inside the Rental Shops at any one time to allow for physical distancing.
- Face coverings will be required while inside the Rental Shops.
- All rental equipment orders must be placed online.
- Please stop by the Will Call windows in the Plaza area to pick up rental vouchers before heading to the Rental Shop.
- All rental equipment will be disinfected between each guest use.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place daily in the Rental Shops.
- There will be no day-use lockers available in the Rental Shop to store items. Please leave all personal items in your vehicle. Rental Shop staff will store customers' shoes while they are on the mountain using ski/snowboard boots.
There will be new rules and procedures in place to ensure physical distancing in the lift lines and on chairlifts this season including:
- Face coverings will be required while in lift lines, while loading, riding and unloading chairlifts.
- Lift lines will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing.
- We will only be seating guests from the same household on chairlifts together, or two singles on opposite sides of a four-person chairlift.
- Singles will ride solo on double chairlifts.
- Kids under 51" in height must ride all chairlifts with a parent or other member of their household who is over 51" tall.
- Face coverings will be required in the Seasonal Locker Room.
- Access to the Seasonal Locker Room will be restricted to locker holders only.
- Day-use lockers will not be available at the resort this season. Guests are encouraged to leave personal items not needed on the slopes in their vehicle.