Health & Safety at Diamond Peak Ski Resort
Diamond Peak will continue to follow all state and local health and safety regulations this winter and will implement the following protocols to ensure the safety of our ski community during the 2021-22 season. Please check this page daily as restrictions and recommendations may change throughout the season.
- Double-layer face coverings are required when indoors.
- Employees undergo a pre-work health screening and are required to stay at home should they present any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness.
- Guests are required to stay home should they present any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness.
- High touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Guests and employees are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
Even with safety protocols, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and deaths, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting Diamond Peak Ski Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
A face covering or mask with two or more layers is required when indoors.
- Face coverings should have be at least two solid layers (no vents, valves or holes), completely cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of your face with no gaps as recommended by the CDC. Visit the Your Guide to Masks page on the CDC website for more guidance.
- Scarves, bandanas and single-layer masks (balaclavas, gaiters, ski masks, etc.) are not appropriate face coverings on their own. You could wear a gaiter with two layers, wear two gaiters or fold it to make two layers.
- Face coverings are not required while actively eating or drinking.
- Change your mask when it becomes wet. A wet mask is harder to breathe through, is less efficient at filtering, and vents more around the edges of the mask (CDC, How to Wear Masks).
Purchase online or by phone (starting December 1st)
We strongly encourage that all skiers purchase their lift tickets*, lessons, equipment rentals, and season passes online through our ecommerce store or via our call center. Lessons must be purchased in advance. Not only will your transaction at the window be quicker, but you also save money when you purchase lift tickets and rentals online (even day-of).
*IVGID lift tickets are currently not available online. Present your IVGID Picture Pass or Recreation Punch Card at the Ticket Windows on the day you want to ski to purchase an IVGID lift ticket.
Get prepared for your day on the slopes
Diamond Peak is excited to welcome you to our mountain playground. Get prepared for a day on the slopes by...
- Bringing the right clothing and a double-layer mask or face covering
- Checking the Snow/Conditions Report (better yet, subscribe to our email updates and stay up to date)
- Know your route, then check traffic and road conditions
- Make sure you carry chains or have a four-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive vehicle with snow tires (more info.)
- Give yourself extra time (especially if you have a lesson booked with us)
- Understand our Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Get ready to have fun!
- Lake Tahoe travel info: In addition to the information about Diamond Peak on this page, please check out the North Lake Tahoe Destination Guide for more helpful region-wide tips related to COVID-19.