The 19th annual Dummy Downhill will take place on Sunday, March 24, 2019. Participants build a dummy on skis (or a snowboard) that gets launched off a big jump on Show-Off while spectators cheer them on from the Base Lodge Deck. This wacky event is fun for the whole family -- skiers and non-skiers alike.
Dummies must be at the Base Lodge by 10:00 a.m. to check in and then be judged on creativity. Dummies cannot be live and must weigh less than 75 pounds. Team captains should be present to help load the dummies after they have been judged and unload at the top of the jump. The jumping will be followed by an award ceremony on the Base Lodge Deck as well as music.
Preregister by emailing your dummy name, team name, and team captain's name(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2019.
Wacky Costume Parade
Have a onesie or silly costume? After the dummies are judged for creativity there will be a wacky costume parade open to participants and spectators!
9:00-10:00am: Dummy Registration & Check-In (Base Lodge Deck)
- No entry fee, dummies cannot be live and must weigh 75 lbs. or less
- Online preregistration is strongly encouraged but all dummies must still check in to obtain bibs
11:00am-11:30am: Creativity Judging & Photos (Base Lodge Deck)
- Teams should stand by their dummy and share any inspiration with the judges
11:30am-12:30pm: Loading & Transport (Base Area)
- Captain(s) must be available to help transport, load and unload their dummy at the top of the launch
12:00pm: Wacky Costume Contest (Base Lodge Deck)
- Anyone in costume can participate
Approx.12:30pm-1:30pm: Dummy Launch (Show-Off)
- Team Captain(s) will push their dummy at the top of the jump
- Spectators can view from the decks or along Lower Show-Off
- IVGID Waste not will provide assistance to those wanting to recycle their skis after the event
2:00pm: Awards (Base Lodge Deck)
- Awards ceremony on the Base Lodge Deck will follow after cleanup
Music during cleanup and after awards.
Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all our participants, spectators, and staff who helped put on this event!
Creativity - Don't let the Pigeon SKi by 1st Grade Incline Elementary School
Best Crash - Launch into Reading by 3rd Grade Incline Elementary School
Furthest Distance - The Kitchen Sink by Drew Morris
Shortest Distance - Chance by Pet Network
Still Intact - Respect my Authority by Parking Crew
Best Overall - King Pong by Let's Play Ping Pong
View 2018 photos on Facebook: 2018 Dummy Downhill