"Ski Incline"/Diamond Peak has a 47-year history of providing community-based winter recreation opportunities. The Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) has continued to upgrade the ski area facility and refine the winter operation to stay in the forefront of industry technological developments and modern guest service trends. By contrast, while there has been a significant evolution within the ski industry toward four-season operations, Diamond Peak's summer business remains very limited, consisting primarily of infrequently scheduled special events. The 2012 Incline Village/Crystal Bay 2020 Vision Action Plan recommended exploring the opening Diamond Peak for year-round use. Additional summer operations at Diamond Peak would enhance an underutilized community asset, while creating additional recreational opportunities for residents and visitors to the Lake Tahoe Basin.
Diamond Peak is currently updating its Master Plan, to revisit the potential for the future development of Diamond Peak as a community recreational resource. The Plan will be based on market, site, operations and fiscal intelligence, and will incorporate the latest advances in ski area development and multi-season operations. The Master Plan will explore opportunities for maximizing the existing winter business, and assess the potential for introducing new summer activities that will generate additional revenue. The Master Plan will serve as a blueprint for future development of multi-season activities at Diamond Peak.
Public Meeting Schedule
An important part of the process is consultation with all of Diamond Peak's partner groups, season pass holders, site users, board and staff, and the community of Incline Village regarding Diamond Peak's long term recreation and infrastructure plans. This consultation will involve focus group sessions and interviews with interested parties.
Date: Tuesday, July 9th, 2013
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Diamond Peak Base Lodge
The purpose of this meeting will be to:
- Present initial findings of the market research, site analysis, and operations review.
- Provide examples of possible multi-season uses and activities for public consideration.
- Invite people to comment on their vision and ideas for future uses and activities at Diamond Peak.
A second public meeting will be held in the fall (TBD) to present a DRAFT of the Master Plan.
We welcome your comments during the Diamond Peak Master Plan process!
An important part of the planning process is to gain an understanding of how well Diamond Peak is functioning, how it is serving the community, and how it could better reach its full potential in serving the Incline Village community. As individuals who know Diamond Peak very well and have unique expertise in its overall operation, your input is critical to this knowledge.
Please use the following questions to provide us a foundation for a greater discussion about the future for Diamond Peak:
- What is your relationship to Diamond Peak (Incline Village Resident, Diamond Peak skier, area of interest, etc.)?
- What aspects of Diamond Peak are meeting or exceeding guests' expectations? What are the area's strongest attributes?
- What opportunities do you see for Diamond Peak to enhance its current facilities and programs - winter and summer?
You can submit your responses, and provide any other comments at MasterPlan@diamondpeak.com
The consultant team assisting Diamond Peak and the Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) Board of Directors with the strategic planning process includes:
SE Group - With over 55 years of experience working with ski areas and mountain resorts, the SE Group brings broad experience in helping ski areas realize opportunities for sustainable multi-season operations, while maintaining the qualities and character of the area that are important to the community.
RRC Associates is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing market research, strategic analysis, and community/land planning services. Principal areas of focus by RRC include the ski and snowboard industry in particular, and the travel, tourism, and recreation industries generally.
- Diamond Peak Welcome
- Diamond Peak Summer Activities 1
- Diamond Peak Summer Activities 2
- Diamond Peak Summer Activities 3
- Diamond Peak Summer Activities 4
- Diamond Peak Summer Activities 5
- Diamond Peak Summer Events
- Diamond Peak Summer Programs
- Diamond Peak Community Owned Ski Area
- Diamond Peak Base Area
- Diamond Peak Overall Ski Area
- Diamond Peak Mountain Analysis
- Diamond Peak Market Assessment