Celebrate spring with a wacky event on the slopes!
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (March 15, 2017) –The 17th annual Diamond Peak Dummy Downhill is Saturday, April 1, 2017. Participants build a dummy on skis (or a snowboard) that gets launched off a big jump on Show-Off and spectators can view the action from the Base Lodge Deck. This wacky event is fun for the whole family, skiers and non-skiers alike!
Preregister dummies online at bit.ly/dummydownhill2017 or email your dummy name, team name, and team captain's name(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st. Those who preregister by noon on Wednesday March 29th will receive a Diamond Peak 50th Anniversary t-shirt. Additional shirts will be available for purchase at the Child Ski Center or at the event, while supplies last.
New this year, there will be a wacky costume contest open to all spectators. Come in your onesie or silly costume for a chance to win a special prize.
9:00-10:00am: Dummy Registration & Check-In (Base Lodge Deck)
- No entry fee, dummies cannot be live and must weigh 75 lbs. or less
- Online preregistration is strongly encouraged but all dummies must still check in to obtain bibs
10:00am-10:30am: Creativity Judging (Base Lodge Deck)
10:30am-12:00pm: Loading & Transport (Base Area)
- Captain(s) must be available to help transport, load and unload their dummy at the top of the launch
11:30am: Wacky Costume Contest (Base Lodge Deck)
- Anyone in costume can participate
12:00pm-1:30pm: Dummy Launch (Show-Off)
- Team Captain(s) will push their dummy at the top of the jump
- Spectators can view from the decks or along Lower Show-Off
- IVGID Waste not will provide assistance to those wanting to recycle their skis after the event
2:00pm: Awards (Base Lodge Deck)
- Awards ceremony on the Base Lodge Deck will follow after cleanup
Watch as unique characters fly down the hill or crash hard. Prizes and certificates will be awarded for creativity, best crash, furthest distance, and more. Stick around for live music by local band, Truckee Tribe and happy hour at the Loft Bar. 2017-18 Season Passes will also be on sale at the Early-Bird rates during the event. Purchase passes at Diamond Peak’s Guest Services, online or at the Incline Village Recreation Center by April 30 for the best price.
Events are weather dependent and subject to change; visit DiamondPeak.com/Events for details and updated information.
About Diamond Peak Ski Resort
Celebrating 50 years of skiing and snowboarding fun this winter, Diamond Peak Ski Resort remains North Lake Tahoe’s hidden gem. Located in Nevada’s Incline Village, the affordable, family friendly resort offers breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe, a summit elevation of 8,540-feet and a 1,840-foot vertical drop. Skiers and boarders can experience 655 acres of beginner to expert-level terrain including some of the best tree skiing in the Tahoe Basin. For more information or to check the snow report, visit DiamondPeak.com or call (775) 832–1177.
Paul Raymore, Marketing Manager
(775) 832-1120, email@example.com
Jaclyn Ream, Marketing Coordinator
(775) 832-1117, firstname.lastname@example.org