Got a camera and mad skills? Here's your chance to go big and get recognized. Submit your short video edit to compete for prizes and the chance to show your edit on the big screen. The top videos from each category will be shown at the Awards Ceremony on Friday, April 5, 2019 at The Chateau at Incline Village.
February 1 to March 22 - Video Submissions
Video submissions will be accepted from February 1 through March 22, 2019. View official rules and details below. Prizes will be awarded to the top submissions in the following categories:
- All Mountain - Capture what makes Diamond Peak special with amazing views, steeps, stashes and more!
- Terrain Park - Show off some style and class in the new Village Terrain Park and around the hill.
- Grom (15 years old & under) - Kids and teens: this is your chance to show off your skills and get noticed.
- Viewers’ Choice Award: Audience choice of any entry that did not win one of the other grand prizes. Voting will also be open to the public the week prior to the event.
April 5 - Awards Ceremony & Screening
The top videos from each category (All Mountain, Terrain Park, and Grom/15 & Under) will be shown at the Awards Ceremony on Friday, April 5 at The Chateau.
- Doors - 5:30pm • Screening & Awards - 6pm (955 Fairway Blvd.)
- Admission - $5 donation & raffle tickets benefit SNC Freeski
- Food & Beverages available for purchase
Sponsors & Prizes
The 2019 Diamond Cut Video Compeition is made possible by our presenting sponsor, ROAM Robotics, and other supporting sponsors including: Pisten Bully, Drink Coffee Do Stuff, Garwoods, Tahoe Nevada Love, Alaskan Brewing and more to be announced! If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact email@example.com.
Tip & Tricks
- Videos that feature Diamond Peak logos or signature views/features will have a better chance of being chosen.
- Select music that flows with your video and conveys your vision.
- Use creative filming & editing. Avoid repetition.
- Edit to the music.
All submissions are scored based on the same four criteria. Points are awarded on a 1-5 scale (1 being lowest, 5 being best). The Judges scorecards will include the following criteria and verbiage.
1. ENTERTAINMENT VALUE: From beginning to end, were you interested in the storyline and/or footage? On a 1-5 scale, how Entertaining was this edit?
2. CREATIVITY: How well did the team think outside the box and create a unique video? Were there multiple angles and insightful cinematography? Or was everything filmed via helmet cam/ski pole? On 1-5 scale, how would you score the creativity of this edit?
3. TECHNICALITY & STYLE: Are the athletes in control? Do they have good form and style for the type of skiing/riding they are doing? On 1-5 scale, how would you score the Technical level & style of skiing/riding in this edit?
4. OVERALL IMPRESSION: Did this edit get you excited to go skiing/riding? Did the edit make you remember why we all love Diamond Peak? On 1-5 scale how would you score this edit?
Submit your Diamond Cut edit February 1 - March 22.
Entry form requires Team Captain’s name, email, Team Name and category you are competing in (All Mountain, Terrain Park, or Grom), and a phone number for the team captain who should be contacted in case your video is chosen as a finalist.
Thank you to our main sponsors including:
All submitted videos must adhere to the following rules in order to be selected for screening and judging at the event. By submitting a video, you give permission to Diamond Peak Ski Resort, the Incline Village General Improvement District, and event sponsors to use and share video and content in their marketing programs for indefinite time.
- Submissions open February 1 and close March 22, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Video must be filmed 100% at Diamond Peak Ski Resort
- Video can be up to three minutes in length, but less is usually more.
- Video must not be intended for commercial use by another company.
- Video cannot include inappropriate behavior including: violence, nudity, alcohol, drugs, smoking, skiing / riding in closed areas, violations of the Skiers Responsibility Code, etc.
- Video must be original work with footage shot and edited exclusively by you and your team (no outside help with the editing or filming).
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort prohibits the operation or use on or above Resort property of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public.
- Audio may include clean/family friendly music or sound effects
- Audio content should not include any swearing or inappropriate language.
Videos must be submitted through YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook following these instructions:
- Set the privacy settings to “public” or “anyone can view”.
- Make sure that your video is uploaded in the highest resolution possible and is made available for downloading.
- Facebook profile and video must be public
- Fill out entry form, including link to your video, from February 1 - March 22, 2019 (at 5 p.m.). Entry form requires Team Captain’s name, email, Team Name and category you are competing in (All Mountain, Terrain Park, or Grom), and a phone number for the team captain who should be contacted in case your video is chosen as a finalist. Team members (skiiers/riders) can also be listed.
- If your video is selected to be shown at the Awards Ceremony, you will need to provide original full-resolution video file (.mp4 or .mov file) to Diamond Peak staff via Dropbox, Google Drive, thumb drive or similar by March 29, 2019. Diamond Peak staff will contact you to arrange for file transfer.
The Diamond Cut Video Competition is open to legal residents of the United States. Submissions by employees of Diamond Peak/IVGID will be accepted, however media captured/created must not consume employment working hours. IVGID & Sponsors reserve the right to verify all eligibility requirements.
Diamond Peak/IVGID, and participating award providers reserve the right to exclude and delete contest entries based on vulgarity and offensive content.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant and entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry. Entry must be in keeping with the sponsors’ image and may not be inappropriate or offensive, as determined by the sponsors/IVGID in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third-party rights. The sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entry they deem to be offensive, inappropriate, that is not in keeping with sponsors’/IVGID’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. This includes entries submitted by or for-hire filming by businesses competing with Diamond Peak/IVGID. We reserve the right of non-compete within the ski and service industry. Entrant must have obtained express written consent to submit any entry that contains persons other than entrant or third-party elements not owned by entrant and, if requested to do so, produce such written consent from appropriate parties in a form and manner acceptable to the sponsors. Please do not use any other sponsors’ logos in your video, you could be disqualified.
By submitting an entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that sponsors/IVGID may obtain many entries in connection with this contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the sponsors/IVGID, and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other entries submitted in connection with this contest and/or other contests sponsored by the sponsors/IVGID or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the sponsors/IVGID. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such entry or other works used by sponsors.
Diamond Peak, the Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID), and Sponsors of the Contest reserve the right to extend the end date for submissions through March, depending on conditions.
USE OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry to the Diamond Peak “Diamond Cut” video edit competition, entrant grants Diamond Peak Ski Resort, IVGID, Sponsors and their designees an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in any capacity, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. In addition, each winner grants an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use and distribute the entry (as submitted, or as cropped those mentioned above), and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including without limitation for purposes of promotion of this Contest except as otherwise stated herein, without further compensation, notification or permission. (We get to use your video for stuff, and in the process we’re trying to make you and your crew more famous.)
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By submitting an entry you are agreeing that your personal information collected in connection with this contest may be used by Diamond Peak, IVGID, and Sponsors without limitation, for marketing and promotional purposes.
Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, garbled, damaged, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries or photographs or for computer, technical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, inability to access any website associated with the Contest, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. If for any reason the Contest (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using judging procedure described above. By participating, entrant agrees (i) to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of Diamond Peak Ski Resort, IVGID, Sponsors, and judges, which are final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to hold Diamond Peak Ski Resort, IVGID, Sponsors, and judges and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with participation in this Contest, acceptance and use of any prize or Released Parties’ use of any of the rights granted herein. Sponsors may disqualify (and void all associated entries) anyone from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors’ representatives or who is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these rules.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, DIAMOND PEAK SKI RESORT, IVGID, SPONSORS, AND RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.