Update: Due to the evolving situation relating to COVID-19, Diamond Peak will be cancelling the Diamond Cut Awards Ceremony and will be hosting the awards virtually this spring at a date still to be determined. We encourage all skiers and riders to continue to submit their edits by April 5 and stay tuned for details on the virtual awards and community voting (which will be held via social media platforms). Click here for more details on Diamond Peak's operations.
Diamond Peak's video edit contest is back for a second year of community-generated stoke. Last year's inaugural video edit contest highlighted the incredible local talent we have right here at Diamond Peak, and year two looks to be bigger and better. So grab your GoPro or video camera, get your crew of friends together, and go film yourself having fun at Diamond Peak. You just might win some fabulous prizes.
January 1 to April 5 - Video Submissions
Video submissions will be accepted from January 1 through April 5, 2020. View official rules and details below. Prizes will be awarded to the top submissions in the following categories:
- All Mountain - Capture what makes Diamond Peak special with amazing views, steeps, stashes and more!
- Terrain Park - Show off some style and class in the new Village Terrain Park and around the hill.
- Grom (15 years old & under) - Kids and teens, this is your chance to show off your skills and get noticed.
- Mini-Grom (6 years old & under) - The youngest rippers get to show off their skills too.
- Viewers’ Choice Award: Audience choice of any entry that did not win one of the other grand prizes. Voting will also be open to the public the week prior to the event.
Tip & Tricks
- Videos that feature Diamond Peak logos or signature views/features will have a better chance of being chosen.
- Select music that flows with your video and conveys your vision.
- Use creative filming & editing. Avoid repetition.
- Edit to the music.
Thank you to our sponsors including:
The 2020 Diamond Cut Video Compeition is made possible by sponsors including: Pisten Bully, Drink Coffee Do Stuff, Garwoods, Tahoe Nevada Love, Open Snow Tahoe, ROAM Robotics, Sierra Avalanche Center and more! If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact email@example.com.
All submissions are scored based on the same four criteria. Points are awarded on a 1-5 scale (1 being lowest, 5 being best). The Judges scorecards will include the following criteria and verbiage.
1. ENTERTAINMENT VALUE: From beginning to end, were you interested in the storyline and/or footage? On a 1-5 scale, how Entertaining was this edit?
2. CREATIVITY: How well did the team think outside the box and create a unique video? Were there multiple angles and insightful cinematography? Or was everything filmed via helmet cam/ski pole? On 1-5 scale, how would you score the creativity of this edit?
3. TECHNICALITY & STYLE: Are the athletes in control? Do they have good form and style for the type of skiing/riding they are doing? On 1-5 scale, how would you score the Technical level & style of skiing/riding in this edit?
4. OVERALL IMPRESSION: Did this edit get you excited to go skiing/riding? Did the edit make you remember why we all love Diamond Peak? On 1-5 scale how would you score this edit?
Virtual Awards Ceremony & Screening
The top videos from each category (All Mountain, Terrain Park, and Grom/15 & Under) will be shown at a Virtual Awards Ceremony on a date TBD. All friends of Diamond Peak will have the opportunity to vote for the Viewers' Choice award online this year.
Schedule and details will be posted on the Diamond Cut Awards page.
All submitted videos must adhere to the following rules in order to be selected for screening and judging at the event. By submitting a video, you give permission to Diamond Peak Ski Resort, the Incline Village General Improvement District, and event sponsors to use and share video and content in their marketing programs for indefinite time.
- Submissions open January 1 and close April 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Video must be filmed 100% at Diamond Peak Ski Resort
- Video can be up to two minutes in length, but less is usually more.
- Video must not be intended for commercial use by another company.
- Video cannot include inappropriate behavior including: violence, nudity, alcohol, drugs, smoking, skiing / riding in closed areas, violations of the Skiers Responsibility Code, etc.
- Video must be original work with footage shot and edited exclusively by you and your team (no outside help with the editing or filming).
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort prohibits the operation or use on or above Resort property of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public.
- Audio may include clean/family friendly music or sound effects
- Audio content should not include any swearing or inappropriate language.
Videos must be submitted through YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook following these instructions:
- Set the privacy settings to “public” or “anyone can view”.
- Make sure that your video is uploaded in the highest resolution possible and is made available for downloading.
- Profile and video must be public
- Label video with Team Name & category in the video title and/or caption
- Fill out entry form, including link to your video, from January 1 - April 5, 2020 (at 11:59 p.m.). Entry form requires Team Captain’s name, email, Team Name and category you are competing in (All Mountain, Terrain Park, or Grom), and a phone number for the team captain who should be contacted in case your video is chosen as a finalist. Team members (skiiers/riders) can also be listed.
- If your video is selected to be shown at the Awards Ceremony, you will need to provide original full-resolution video file (.mp4 or .mov file) to Diamond Peak staff via Dropbox, Google Drive, thumb drive or similar by April 7, 2020. Diamond Peak staff will contact you to arrange for file transfer. Files must be under 200MB.
The Diamond Cut Video Competition is open to legal residents of the United States. Submissions by employees of Diamond Peak/IVGID will be accepted, however media captured/created must not consume employment working hours. IVGID & Sponsors reserve the right to verify all eligibility requirements.
Diamond Peak/IVGID, and participating award providers reserve the right to exclude and delete contest entries based on vulgarity and offensive content.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant and entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry. Entry must be in keeping with the sponsors’ image and may not be inappropriate or offensive, as determined by the sponsors/IVGID in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third-party rights. The sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entry they deem to be offensive, inappropriate, that is not in keeping with sponsors’/IVGID’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. This includes entries submitted by or for-hire filming by businesses competing with Diamond Peak/IVGID. We reserve the right of non-compete within the ski and service industry. Entrant must have obtained express written consent to submit any entry that contains persons other than entrant or third-party elements not owned by entrant and, if requested to do so, produce such written consent from appropriate parties in a form and manner acceptable to the sponsors. Please do not use any other sponsors’ logos in your video, you could be disqualified.
By submitting an entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that sponsors/IVGID may obtain many entries in connection with this contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the sponsors/IVGID, and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other entries submitted in connection with this contest and/or other contests sponsored by the sponsors/IVGID or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the sponsors/IVGID. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such entry or other works used by sponsors.
Diamond Peak, the Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID), and Sponsors of the Contest reserve the right to extend the end date for submissions through March, depending on conditions.
USE OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry to the Diamond Peak “Diamond Cut” video edit competition, entrant grants Diamond Peak Ski Resort, IVGID, Sponsors and their designees an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in any capacity, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. In addition, each winner grants an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use and distribute the entry (as submitted, or as cropped those mentioned above), and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including without limitation for purposes of promotion of this Contest except as otherwise stated herein, without further compensation, notification or permission. (We get to use your video for stuff, and in the process we’re trying to make you and your crew more famous.)
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By submitting an entry you are agreeing that your personal information collected in connection with this contest may be used by Diamond Peak, IVGID, and Sponsors without limitation, for marketing and promotional purposes.
Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, garbled, damaged, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries or photographs or for computer, technical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, inability to access any website associated with the Contest, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. If for any reason the Contest (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using judging procedure described above. By participating, entrant agrees (i) to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of Diamond Peak Ski Resort, IVGID, Sponsors, and judges, which are final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to hold Diamond Peak Ski Resort, IVGID, Sponsors, and judges and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with participation in this Contest, acceptance and use of any prize or Released Parties’ use of any of the rights granted herein. Sponsors may disqualify (and void all associated entries) anyone from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors’ representatives or who is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these rules.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, DIAMOND PEAK SKI RESORT, IVGID, SPONSORS, AND RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Diamond Cut 2019 Video Competition Results
Thanks to everyone who submitted videos, voted, and came out to support the Diamond Cut Video Competition & Awards! Start brainstorming ideas and filming for next year.
- 1st Place: DP Grom
- 2nd Place: JBski
- 3rd Place: The Grom
- Finalists: Puma Team, Keller's, Team Falcon
- 1st Place: Soul Senders
- 2nd Place: Vibe Tribe
- 3rd Place: Textrovert
- Finalists: Good Vibrations, Dauby, Bob’s Burgers
- 1st Place: months
- 2nd Place: Bugman
- 3rd Place: Freedawgersonly
- Finalist: The Regulators, BRØKEN, J The Rat
View all the 2019 Diamond Cut Final Cut Videos on the gallery page: Final Cut Gallery