A wacky spring event on the slopes!
The 16th annual Diamond Peak Dummy Downhill is Saturday, April 2, 2016. Participants build a dummy on skis (or a snowboard) that gets launched off a big jump on Show-Off and spectators can view the action from the Base Lodge Deck. This wacky event is fun for the whole family, skiers and non-skiers alike!
Schedule & Registration:
Pre-register dummies online at DiamondPeak.com/Events or email your dummy name, team name, and team captain's name(s) to email@example.com by April 1.
- 9:00-10:00am: Dummy Registration & Check-In (Base Lodge Deck)
- Dummies cannot be live and must weigh 75 lbs. or less
- Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged but all dummies must still check in to obtain bibs
- 10:00am: Creativity Judging & Load (Base Lodge Deck)
- Dummies will be judged for creativity then transported to the jump
- Captain(s) must be available to help transport, load and unload their dummy at the top of the launch
- 11 :30am-1pm (approximately): Dummy Launch (Show-Off & Base Lodge Deck)
- Team Captain(s) will push their dummy at the top of the jump
- Spectators can view from the decks or along Lower Show-Off
- After competition: Awards & Party (Base Lodge Deck & Loft Bar Deck)
- Teams must remove dummies and debris after competition. IVGID WasteNot will have a recycling container for those who want to recycle their skis after the competition.
- Award ceremony on the Base Lodge deck following cleanup
- Live Music by Owen Big after awards (Loft Bar Deck)
Watch as unique characters fly down the hill or crash hard. Prizes and certificates will be awarded for creativity, best crash, furthest distance, and more. Prizes include Diamond Peak lift tickets, Diamond Peak logo gear, North Lake Tahoe gear, Small Batch BBQ Sauce, and gift certificates from local businesses such as Batch Cupcakery, Mountain High Sandwich Company, and Hacienda De La Sierra.
“Dummies are built by local families, individuals, and groups,” says Jaclyn Ream, Diamond Peak’s Marketing Coordinator. “The local schools get really involved, making their dummies part of their class curriculum or engineering clubs.”
Stick around for live music by local band, Owen Big and happy hour at the Loft Bar. 2016-17 Season Passes will also be on sale at the Early Bird rates during the event. Purchase passes at the Dummy Downhill, Guest Services, online or at the Incline Village Recreation Center by April 30 for the best price.
Events are weather dependent and subject to change; visit DiamondPeak.com/Events for details and updated information.
(March 23, 2016) Download PDF Release