Tips for Kids
The Child Ski Center Phone for ages 3-7 is 775-832-1130. For Ski and Snowboard School information call 775-832-1177. If you arrive in Incline Village early, stop by and familiarize your child and yourself with the surroundings or Explore Diamond Peak.
A Few Useful Tips
- Reserve your private lessons as soon as you know your vacation dates. For Diamond Pete's Special (3-7 years old) call 775-832-1130 and for Sierra Scouts (7-14 years old) call 775-832-1135.
- Remember, we don't make reservations for Group Lessons. Sierra Scout group lessons start at 10am & 2pm. Please arrive early to register for the group classes.
- Bring your child well rested, after a nutritious breakfast. In both ski schools lunch is provided for the all day children.
- Layer your child's clothes, finishing with an exterior wind resistant layer. Waterproof pants and jackets work great. Waterproof mittens are preferable to gloves. Wear sunglasses on nice days, definitely goggles on snowy days. We recommend helmets for on snow activity and wool hats for the end of the day.
- Always apply sunscreen before arrival and throughout the day.
- We recommend helmets (they are really warm!), but wearing one is a parental choice. We do not provide helmets for children, however we do have them available to rent.
- Mark your children's clothing as many articles look the same. Sorry, we are not responsible for lost items.
- Be precise with your family about what time you will be back for pick up. Come a little bit earlier if you would like to speak with the instructor about your child's progress.
- Remember we have the interchangeable parent pass, so one may ski while the other parent baby sits or watches your kid's progress. It's a great way for both of you to get some turns in.
- Observe your child's progress from a distance; do not attract their attention.
- After the lesson is over, have fun skiing together on the slopes that our instructors have recommended. Please, do not advance them to terrain past their ability.
Tips for Diamond Penguins (ages 3-7)
- Consider the Half Day Private for a three/four year old. It includes 2 hours of private lessons with the same instructor separated by some playtime and lunch. This is a real hit with the kids, and parents find the time to get in some runs together.
- Start with a private lesson if possible, your child's focused attention and fast progress is worth the extra dollars. Your child has the opportunity to bond with an instructor and to go directly to the chair lift. After your child can make a wedge or snowplow, they will progress well in the group atmosphere.
- Prepare your child for the separation, as we are unable to accept children who do not want to join. Start the first time with a half day session, especially with a four or five year old. Be back on time to pick them up. You are welcome to use the equipment for the rest of the day.
- Snowboarding private lessons are available for children 3 years and above.
- Have your child's personal claim check ready at pick up time. For your child's security we will only release the child to the person who has the claim check.
- Diamond Peak believes that it is a parental responsibility to decide if their child wears a ski helmet. We urge parents to carefully read the information provided at www.lidsonkids.org.
Tips for Sierra Scouts (ages 7-14)
- Diamond Peak provides ski & snowboard lessons for 7 - 14 year old children morning, afternoon and all day with lunch.
- Arrive early (especially on weekends & holidays) to make sure you can get your child to class on time.
- Please, ensure you personally meet your children on time when the lesson is through.
- Meeting times for lessons are 10:00am and 2:00pm every day.
- We also offer packages that include lessons, rentals & lift ticket.
- We highly recommend the all day program for $119 which includes lunch & all day supervision 10am-4pm.
Diamond Peak believes that it is a parental responsibility to decide if their child wears a ski helmet. We urge parents to read carefully the information provided at www.lidsonkids.org
* We have a limited number of helmets for rent for $10.00 and it's on a first-come, first serve basis. Please visit the Rental Shop to ask for further details.